With many modern women believing chivalry is dead, and standards of social etiquette seemingly decreasing or simply evolving year upon year, we’ve compiled a list on how to be a gentleman in 2016:
- Learn to listen; a gentleman always allows others to speak, and respects their opinion even if they do not agree with it
- Male Grooming; schedule your barber appointments with us every 2-3 weeks for optimum male grooming standards expected of a gentleman
- Sunglasses; a fashion accessory must-have for the summer, but an absolute must-not indoors. The same goes for hats, however, the line is a little thin here as hats have become an important fashion accessory for men, so we’ll compromise that they should never ever be worn at the dinner table
- Social media; always think before you type. Your comments are published for the world to see, so always think before speaking
- Dating; although it’s incredibly generous and smooth to take a date for a romantic 3-course dinner, it may not be the best idea if you are not very familiar with each other. Why not simply take the special lady for coffee, to enjoy a much more relaxed environment where you can more easily get to know one another?
- Mobiles; never use your mobile phone at the dinner table. Ever!
- Meeting new people; perfect a friendly yet firm handshake even James Bond would be proud of
- Selfies; we understand the modern world has changed, but we just don’t believe that there is any place for selfies in a gentleman’s life unless they are taken against a jaw-dropping background or taken next to your beautiful lady
- Dress code; always dress appropriately for where you are going. If you’re not sure about a dress code, always check or play it safe in smart casual
- Always make sure your suit is tailored to your body shape, your shoes are polished and you are freshly shaved each day or maintain your facial hair well; this is how to be a gentleman in 2016!