Think back to the last time you approached someone needing directions; they were likely either a parent pushing a pram or in professional attire, and this is one of the many things that start happening to you when you dress like a gentleman.
Interestingly, in January 2016, studies showed that Doctors, teachers, and hairdressers (and barbers) are three of the occupations most trusted by the British public. What’s interesting is all of these careers require a well-groomed dress code.
The Modest Man blog identified a number of things that start happening to you when you start dressing well, so we’ve selected a few of our favourites;
- Ladies will start checking you out more
- Strangers will feel more confident in approaching you for directions because you appear more trustworthy
- You attract a greater level of respect in your place of work
- You win that client or new job opportunity
- People smile at you and approach you more
- People compliment you more
- Women who never really noticed you before will definitely start to notice you now
- You set more personal goals such as incorporating the gym and a healthier lifestyle into your weekly routine
- Men may become slightly jealous of your new-found confidence and allure over the ladies
- Black cabs will always top for you
- You feel more confident in your own skin
- People listen more when you speak
- Male grooming becomes of higher importance to match your clothing
- You start getting your shoes polished
- People assume you’re successful and affluent
If you have experienced positive things that start happening to you when you dress like a gentleman, we would love to hear and share your story!
Image: La Vida