Growing a moustache for Movember; how to grow and maintain a moustache
Whether you’re growing a moustache for Movember or are growing one just because, a stylish moustache for gentleman takes time, love and care to look fabulous every day so here’s a few easy steps on how to grow (and maintain) a moustache;
- For the first 3 weeks, you can likely get away with trimming your moustache with your usual clippers, or a beard trimmer if you prefer to be fancy.
- After 3-4 weeks, upgrade to a high quality pair of special hair trimmers and a small pair of moustache scissors.
- Keep your moustache well-groomed with a moustache comb, such as this one.
- To keep your moustache looking neat and smelling fantastic, start styling your moustache daily with a dab of Pall Mall Barbers Moustache Wax
- To achieve those all-important up-turned moustache ends, use a dab of moustache wax and twirl the moustache ends between your thumb and index finger. Use a light touch – you can always add more but you can’t take it away!
- Use an exfoliating face scrub at least once a week to remove dirt and dead skin cells.
- To avoid your skin becoming dry and itchy, wash your moustache with shampoo and conditioner, as you would with your hair. Our Argan enriched Shampoo & Conditioner is particularly great for conditioning your hair and improving its shine. Don’t forget to moisturise the skin beneath, and around, your moustache daily after washing your face.
- Trim your moustache when your hair is dry rather than wet: this helps you avoid accidentally trimming too much hair.
- Ask your barber to recommend the best moustache style for your face shape. A medium width style with a more triangular shape compliments an oval face, where as a longer moustache is more complimentary for a square face shape.
Whether you are only growing a moustache for Movember or as a new look, we really recommend getting advice from your barber and regular visits to ensure you’re using the right products as well as growing the right style for your face shape, and of course to keep your hair expertly under control.
Got Something to Say?
You must be logged in to post a comment.